Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Life


I have been thinking a lot lately about life and what direction I want my life to go. I guess staying at home with my girls all day gives me too much time to think. I have been really feeling the need to pare down and simply my life. I feel like I have too much stuff, too many things going on, too much to take care of, and never enough time to do the things that I want to do. I feel like if I had a couple of weeks to sit down and just dedicate myself to simplifying without having to worry about anything else, I could actually get to where I want to be. But, real life is that I have two little ones to take care of, laundry to try and stay caught up on, plus all of the other normal everyday life stuff. Rather than get overwhelmed as I often do, I have decided to just keep trying to take it a few small steps at a time.

So, here are 3 places that I have recently found life inspiration:

1. The book Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider. I have read this book twice now, and really enjoy how simple and straightforward it is. It provides some great ideas and activities for trying to figure out what simple living looks like for you individually. It definitely has definitely inspired me to try and live more simply. 



2. I saw this calendar from My Simpler Life for de-cluttering and organizing on Pinterest awhile back. I didn't find it in January, but have started trying to do one or two of these activities each day to get caught up. 


3. Becky's Blog. Becky Higgins is the founder of Project Life, a really cool product that simplifies the process of recording life. The tagline of her blog is, "Cultivate a good life and record it" which is something that she has inspired me to do. I have been able to use her ideas along with the ideas of others to try and journal and scrapbook in a way that works for me. 



Somedays I feel like I am making progress, and other days I feel like I am not. I do want to simplify my life though, so that I can have more time for the people in my life and more time to do the things that I want to do. I do well with reminders, so I just made a little sign that says Simplicity and paired it with the saying at the top of this post. I put them in a frame and have them out where I can see them everyday, again to act as a reminder of this life goal that I am working on right now. 


-Mandi




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...